Use QR Code Coupon to share deals and discounts
What is a QR Code Coupon?
A QR Code Coupon is a QR Code solution that digitizes your coupon and displays it and a summary of your business on a customizable, mobile-friendly page. This page also gives you the option to add your website and a customizable CTA (call to action) button to send users to your landing page after redeeming the coupon.
What information can I display on a QR Code Coupon?
A QR Code Coupon creates a page for your coupon that displays the following:
- A featured image and customizable brand colors.
- Your company name, a headline, and a short description of your business.
- An optional sales badge that describes your coupon.
- The option to use a text code to redeem online or upload your own barcode for customers to redeem in-store.
- The validity date and terms and conditions for redemption.
- Your website and a customizable CTA button to direct users there to redeem the coupon.
- Your location (useful for businesses with physical locations).
Why do I need a QR Code Coupon?
Digitizes your coupons
The biggest advantage of using QR Code Coupons is that it streamlines the print to digital process, which is particularly useful for stores that use print marketing and have physical store locations. Regardless of your business type and whether you’re online or offline, coupon marketing is a great way to promote sales, liven up dead seasons, boost brand awareness, promote new products or services, and get more foot traffic. The combination of mobile-friendly content and the integration of multi-channel marketing is what makes QR Code Coupons your ideal digital coupon solution.
Ideal for print marketing
If you plan on distributing your coupons on print materials, for example, on a restaurant receipt, an event invite, or on sales flyers, adding a QR Code Coupon ensures that users can easily access the link with a simple QR Code scan. Without a QR Code, they have to separately look up your links and that likely results in lost customers.
Integrate multi-channel marketing
QR Codes work just as well on digital platforms because it ensures that users can either click on a short URL or can scan your QR Code from a desktop view with their smartphone. You can, therefore, combine print and digital marketing methods with QR Codes, and then even optimize your campaign for which methods give you the best ROI (return on investment).
Updatable, editable, & trackable
A QR Code Coupon is a type of Dynamic QR Code that provides exactly the type of tracking metrics you need for coupon marketing campaigns. You can view QR Code scan data in real-time based on location by city and country, time scanned, operating devices used, and unique vs. total scans. This brings clarity to true ROI calculations and campaign optimization - for both print and digital! Furthermore, Dynamic QR Codes are also editable and updatable whenever you need them. Say you need to swap out a link or you’d even like to change your type of QR Code solution, you can do so at any time without having to change anything from the appearance of your original QR Code design.
Unique styles just like your brand
Adding your brand style is absolutely no problem with a QR Code Coupon. You can add brand colors and your logo to both your coupon page and the QR Code Coupon itself. QR Codes can also include custom design elements like a custom frame with a unique CTA and playful edges.
Print to mobile and the viewability of mobile content is exactly what we at QR Code Generator intended QR Codes to be used for. That’s why we automatically optimize your linked content for all devices - no matter desktop, mobile, or tablet.
How to create a QR Code Coupon?
- Sign up to QR Code Generator PRO and get started with a 14-day free trial. You can upgrade at any time to continue using the QR Code if you decide the tool is right for you.
- Once your account is activated, select Create QR Code in the dashboard then choose Coupons.
- Start by naming your QR Code, and then customize the page colors to match your personal style or company identity. You can also upload a featured image, your logo, or a welcome screen to amplify your branding power.
- Next, add your company name, a headline and short description to inform your audience what the coupon is about. Then, select an (optional) sales badge (a quick tag of how much your sale discounts).
- After this, name your coupon (or upload a Barcode image), select a validity date, and add a link to your terms and conditions. You can also link your website and customize your CTA button for the particular coupon, as well as add your address.
- To personalize it further, select one of the ready-made QR Code frames and add your own custom text to urge your audience to scan the Code to redeem the coupon.
- Add some finishing touches such as adding a logo in the center of your QR Code and changing the Code’s color to suit your brand.
- Finally, download and integrate it into the file design of your print collateral.
Can I see some use cases for a QR Code Coupon?
If you’d like to get inspired to use QR Codes in innovative and unique ways, here are a few examples from fictional brands to get your creativity flowing.
Southern Restaurant opened a new location and wanted to boost their customer base with QR Code Coupons. They used a QR Code Coupon on flyers for passersby, on receipts for previous customers to return, and on a local banner ad.
Elle Boutique is a popular fashion retailer with physical store locations. They recently launched an online shop and wanted to use their physical sites to drive online traffic. They added a QR Code Coupon to dressing rooms, on table tents at checkout, and on clothing tags to encourage customers to check out their new website and redeem the coupon.
Consumer Packaged Goods
Online baked goods retailer Betty Baker wanted to give a new range of products a try by marketing them to their current customer base. They added a QR Code Coupon on product packaging to promote the latest products to inspire curiosity and direct traffic to them in particular.
Are there any QR Code Coupon best practices I should know about?
You have the option to select between using a text code to display your discount or a barcode. When selecting a text code, be sure to make it unique to the campaign so you can track its success. An example of a discount to celebrate a new launch could be “NEWLAUNCH10” to indicate that customers will receive 10% off any items from the launch. If you require the coupons to be redeemed at your store, simply upload your own barcode that customers can redeem at the checkout counter easily.
All QR Codes should be a minimum size of 2 x 2 cm (around 0.8 x 0.8 in) because it helps avoid QR Code scanning issues and is large enough for customers to view them. If you’re unsure about your QR Code size, opt for a larger version so that there aren’t any mishaps. QR Codes can be made large enough to even work on large poster ads, so size is no issue!
Adding your logo to your QR Code Coupon is a great opportunity for added brand awareness. Furthermore, it also makes users feel secure knowing that the QR Code is linked to a trustworthy and reliable company.
Using brand colors boosts your brand awareness, gives your QR Code a professional look and helps it match with your marketing designs. Nonetheless, there are a few details to keep in mind such as always using a darker color for the foreground (the black and square pixels itself), a lighter color for the background, and maintaining the quiet zone to avoid any scanning issues. For a complete guide on custom QR Code design, we’ve got an overview here.
QR Codes can be printed as four different image file formats: JPG, PNG, EPS, or even SVG. The different file types give you options to adjust the size, add your own custom elements, and integrate them easily into your marketing materials with any photo editing tool.
A QR Code Coupon can be scanned in the same way as any type of QR Code in general: with an app on your smartphone. There are many options in the app store, and sometimes they even come pre-installed. Furthermore, certain newer models of Android and Apple phones have enabled QR Code scanning directly through their camera.
You can add either a text code coupon or a barcode coupon. The text coupon is usually used for online shopping while the barcode is used physically at the store. We currently do not have the ability to generate the barcode for you, so you will have to upload them on your own.
You can only add one type of coupon per QR Code Coupon. Nevertheless, this is not a marketing obstacle, because you will likely have better results if you focus your page on one clear coupon and related CTA button. If you’d still like to display multiple coupons, you’d need to have that set up directly on your linked website page, but can only add one link to a coupon QR Code.