EPC QR Code Generator
What is EPC QR Code generator?
The European Payments Council (EPC) was developed with one aim: To improve the efficiency of bank transfers denominated in Euro through the Single Euro Payment Area (SEPA) scheme. An EPC QR Code is just one of its initiatives to reduce errors due to manual input by initiating a SEPA credit transfer (SCT) with just a single scan.
How does EPC QR Code generator work?
To initiate a SEPA credit transfer via an EPC QR Code, the required inputs are outlined in the sample below.
|Service Tag (optional):||BCD|
|Character set (optional):||1|
|Name (required):||Red Cross of Belgium|
|Remittance Information (optional):||Sample QR Code|
Why should I use EPC QR Code?
Without a doubt, using EPC QR Code to receive payments or transfers is preferred among businesses. This is because it’s easy to create, simple in appearance, and it costs absolutely nothing.
For businesses, it is easier to add an EPC QR Code to invoices to receive payments. This allows your customers to scan it and make a payment immediately. They no longer have to worry about manually typing all your details, and there is almost zero chance of them transferring the payment to a wrong bank account (provided that you have double-checked the details before printing the QR Code).
Our EPC QR Code generator is free to use, and the generated Code is yours forever. Whether you’d like to create one or a hundred Codes, they will remain free and will work for as long as you need them.
EPC QR Code is a Static QR Code therefore it cannot be changed or edited after it’s created. However, there is a growing concern about fake QR Codes being reprinted on top of legitimate QR Codes to trick the user into scanning them. That is why we’ve put together a list for QR Code users to stay vigilant when it comes to scanning any QR Codes.
How do I create an EPC QR Code?
- In the Receiver’s name field, enter the registered name of the bank account owner who will receive the payment. This could either be your personal or business account.
- Enter the IBAN number associated with the selected account.
- Enter your BIC (Business Identifier Code) number. It is made up of 8 characters consisting of the business party prefix (4 alphanumerics), the country code as defined in ISO 3166-1 (2 alphabetic), and the business party suffix (2 alphanumerics).
- Enter the amount in Euro that you would like to receive.
- The payment reference can be left blank but for businesses, we recommend that you add a payment reference for easy tracking. This could be the invoice number or any other information you can use to identify what the payment is for. This reference will appear in both yours and the payer's account statement.
- In the remittance information field, you can enter the Extended Remittance Information or ERI if the transfer you requested is for multiple bills or invoices.
- Select ‘Generate’ to finish creating your EPC QR Code.
- Now you can customize the generated QR Code with colors, add a frame or just leave it black and white.
- All you have to do now is download the Code and integrate it into the design you’ll print it on such as a poster, invoice, or even add it to your email signature.
Is it possible to generate unique EPC QR Codes directly in my system?
Absolutely! Leverage the use of our QR Code API and integrate QR Code creation within your existing system. This is extremely useful for businesses that require different payment amounts and payment references on the invoices to customers. Large batches of unique EPC QR Codes can be generated with these unique information without hassle.
How is an EPC QR Code used?
It can be daunting for tenants or buyers to make payments to real-estate agencies as it involves a huge chunk of money. With EPC QR Code attached within the contract or tenancy agreement itself, human errors such as transferring to the wrong account or the wrong amount are greatly reduced. This is because an EPC QR Code would already contain all the accurate information provided by you so the tenants and buyers can confidently transfer with just a scan.
Home Repairs & Maintenance
Adding EPC QR Code on invoices makes it easy for your customers to make payment in an instant. This method greatly reduces the number of outstanding invoices and lower the costs associated with the dunning process.
There might be a time where you require payments from friends or family, for example; on a joint family vacation or dining out with friends. You can simply create an EPC QR Code with your bank account info and send it to everyone to request bank transfers to make it easier. Plus, there are no processing fees involved with other online payments such as Venmo or Paypal.
When it comes to getting donations in a fast and secure way, providing an EPC QR Code to initiate donations via SEPA transfer is most preferred. It is not at all uncommon for Nonprofits to utilize the QR Code technology for charity with its many benefits. Plus, most organizations already have bank accounts set up, eliminating the need to set up another payment system.
Is there anything else I should know about EPC QR Code?
Ensure accurate information
EPC QR Code is static, which means it cannot be changed once generated. Always double-check the info you put in the QR Code to avoid any errors, especially when money transfers between banks are involved.
Your IBAN number is always displayed in your account summary or on your card issued by your bank. To make sure it’s accurate and error-free, use the official IBAN checker to validate.
Allow minimum printing size
We recommend a minimum printing size of 2 x 2 cm (0.8 x 0.8 in) to ensure your QR Code remains scannable.
You can create an EPC QR Code if your bank is located in a SEPA countries list. If the country you reside uses EUR as the official currency, there is a good chance that EPC QR Code can be used to initiate the transfer.
Install the official banking app from your bank and check if there is an option to scan a QR Code. There should be a camera function under ‘Transfer’ in the banking app. Please contact your bank for further information.
Absolutely! To make it easier to transfer money between friends or family, you may create an EPC QR Code using the steps above. You may leave the amount field empty if you like, and have your friends or family enter the amount after they’ve scanned it.