Acceptable Use Policy of Egoditor
We at Egoditor consider QR codes as one of the most important technological enablers at the interface of the real world to the digital world. We feel responsible for ensuring the technology is used in positive and constructive ways, benefiting people and our society as a whole.
Therefore, we set some general guidelines for the way our solutions and services are NOT meant to be used, which you agree to when you use our services. This includes helping others to act in such ways.
These guidelines include, but are not limited to:
- scanning or testing the vulnerability of our systems and/or network in any way.
- breaching any authentication or security measures.
- accessing, modifying, or unlawfully using shared areas of services that require an authorization or non-public areas of the service.
- impeding or disturbing the network, host, or user of the service (by overloading, spamming any part of the service, or any other similar activities) or disobeying any requirements, procedures, policies, or regulations of networks connected to Egoditor websites.
- misusing or creating accounts for any means other than the intended use of our publicly supported interfaces - creating accounts in bulk, for example.
- disrupting users of the service by sending unsolicited communication, advertisements, or spam.
- sending promotions or advertisements without appropriate authorization for products or services other than your own.
- manipulating identifiers by falsifying email headers and/or sending deceptive or altered information with the purpose of disguising the origin of any user content transmitted through our websites, including “phishing” or “spoofing.”
- impersonating any person or entity or otherwise misrepresenting or falsely stating your connection with a person or entity.
- collecting or storing any data or personal information of other users of the service.
- exploiting Egoditor’s solutions, features, or goodwill such as “unlimited” scans far beyond “normal” behavior.
- publishing, sharing, or downloading any files posted by another user that are unlawful and should not be legally distributed in such a manner (for example, files that infringe upon intellectual property rights of any party, contain a virus, are ethically or otherwise objectionable, or that contain extreme acts of violence or terrorist activity, including terror propaganda).
- harassing, threatening, defaming, abusing or violating the legal rights of Egoditor personnel or representatives as well as users of the service.
- promoting hatred or bigotry against any person or group of people based on their race, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, or impairment.
- violating any applicable local, state, national or international laws, and the privacy or rights of others.